How to keep your food offering on-trend
After looking at the biggest drink trends in the world of pubs, the second episode of The 2020 PUBcast explores how to improve your food offering in your pub.
Do people actually want food in pubs? Have you considered your snack offering? And how important is it to have vegan, gluten free and healthier options on your menu? Here, award-winning broadcaster Emma Inch, sets out to find the answers.
Pubs are places people like to go to grab a bite and a drink, whether it's a mid-week burger, a Sunday roast or even a bowl of crisps shared with friends. However, it can be difficult to know how to make your menu stand out. Industry experts discuss some of the simple steps to make your offering shine. Plus, discover how upgrading your snack selection and finding the perfect pairing with your drinks can add to your revenue stream.
“A lot of the time, successful pubs are the ones that are constantly evolving – they might have the same things on the menu, but extra care and attention are put into them.“ - Mark McCulloch
This episode features:
- Fiona Stapley – editor of The Good Pub Guide
- Jo Bruce – freelance journalist and PR consultant
- Mark McCulloch – CEO of Supersonic Inc
- Jessica Mason – drinks journalist and founder of Drinks Maven
- Ian Edward – co-founder of Hippo Inns
- Thomas Renshaw and Stefan White – co-founders of Bier Nuts
- Robin Norton – category controller for food service of Brew City
- James Grundy – co-founder of Small Beer Co.
Remember that if you can't listen to it right now, just hit 'download' and you'll be able to listen later!