Hear from the people right in the heart of the industry
Following the success of PUB20, the final episode of The 2020 PUBcast is a roundup of just some of the top highlights from the show.
Across the two days of PUB20, Drinks Writer and Educator, Emma Inch interviewed key industry experts and successful operators to get their thoughts on the hot trends and topics discussed at this year’s show.
What do publicans and pub operators have to be positive about? How have pubs evolved over recent years? What does a great pub look like in 2020?
“I think the definition and the perception of what a pub can be has changed and grown; pubs are essentially community hubs. People want to get out and about to socialise and we, as a community, need to give people a reason to come out, socialise and enjoy themselves” – Mel Marriott
Listen to episode 6 to find out how and why publicans and pub operators need to strive for more; whether it’s by creating experiences, delivering great hospitality, employing technology or operating in a sustainable way, there is a clear belief that simply being average is no longer good enough!
This episode features:
- Andy Waugh - Co-Founder, Mac & Wild
- Charlie Gilkes - Co-Founder, Inception Group
- Clive Watson - Executive Chairman, City Pub Group
- Fred Turner - Retail Director, Fuller, Smith & Turner
- Glen Duckett - Landlord, Eagle & Child, Ramsbottom (Winner of Best Publican Award)
- Mary McLaughlin - Co-Owner of Cheshire Cat Pubs & Bars
- Mel Marriott - Founder & Managing Director, Darwin & Wallace Bars
- Mick Dore - The Alexandra, Wimbledon
- Sam Bourke - Sales & Marketing Director, ETM
- Sandy Jarvis - Operations Director, The Culpeper, The Buxton, The Green in Clerkenwell & The Duke of Cambridge
- Shaun Edmondson - Chef, Brown Horse Inn, Winster Valley (Winner of Best Pub Chef of the Year Award)